Saturday, December 18, 2010

One Love Skate Philippine's





Mabuhay!  Madangang umaga!  Si Nicole ito.  (Greetings!  Good morning!  This is Nicole.)

It’s incredible to be here in the “mother land.”  My husband, youngest brother, and I are here on a trip to visit our friend Naomi who has a ministry here in the PI. 

I, personally, am really excited to be here to get to know my God better and to fellowship with my sweet friend and old accountability partner, Naomi.  A few years back, I spent about a month in China teaching various things and God used that experience to teach me more about His amazing character.  The more I see of His creation (places, cultures, people), the more I fall in love with Him. 

In Him,
Nicole




From Josh:

     OLSO Blog readers, sorry that this is the first time I've posted. We left for the PI on the 16th, and we'll be here until the 30, LORD willing. It's great to be here. It's definitely eye opening. 


We're staying in International Mission Board Housing in Manilla now, and Tuesday we plan to leave for Tacloban to stay where Naomi lives. So far, we've been meeting up with other missionaries and hearing amazing stories about their lives. 


Also, Ross and I have been going on little mini missions to the homeless people in the city and giving them bread rolls from the bakery. It's cool to talk to them. Most of them can speak limited english. They love Ross, and they stare at me because I stick out a lot over here being tall and white. =) 


It's great to be here though, and we'll be updating the blog again in a few days. Thanks for the prayers. 


More to come soon.




Grace and Peace,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment